Blueberry, Sweet Potato, Walnut Brain Boost Salad
- Medium saucepan
- 2 cup Spinach
- 1 Sweet Potato boiled/roasted/steamed
- 14 Walnuts pre-soaked and dried
- ¼ cup Blueberries
- 2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Rinse: Wash potatoes skin. Rinse and scrub under cold water.
- Boil: Add enough water to a medium saucepan. Boil sweet potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes until they are tender when pierced with a fork. Note, it will take less time if you cut the sweet potatoes into smaller pieces.
- Drain: Drain under cold water. Gently (not to burn self) and carefully pull the skin off. It should come off with minimal effort.
- Cool: Transfer to a container and let cool for approximately 10 minutes. Dice the potatoes into cubes or bite-size.
- Toss: Add potatoes to the remaining ingredients and toss. Enjoy!
- Wash potatoes skin. Add one inch or so of water to a pot with a fitted steamer basket (or has a steamer insert. i.e., "Always Pan" is a pan that replaces 8 pieces of cookware and makes cooking easier!)
- Place potatoes into the steamer basket—cover pot.
- Steam potatoes until tender to touch or with a fork (about 30 minutes). Check back around 15 to 20 to see if ready. Please note the times vary due to the size of the potatoes.
- Transfer to a container and let cool for approximately 10 minutes. Dice the potatoes into cubes or bite-size.