Sweet Potato Chickpea Wrap
- Medium saucepan
- Medium bowl
- Silicon spoon
- 1 Sweet Potato (large or 2 small) peeled
- 1 Can 15oz. Chickpeas (drained & rinsed)
- 2 Celery Stalks diced
- ½ cup Red Grapes halved/quartered if large; remove the seeds
- 2 tbsp Vegan Mayonaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Dill fresh or dried
- 4 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ½ tsp Sage
- ½ tsp Thyme
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- Dash of Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1 Yellow Onion (small or medium)
- Peel: Peel and dice the sweet potato into chunks
- Boil: Boil sweet potato in a medium saucepan for 18-20 minutes or fork tender—rinse potato in cold water (to stop the heat from cooking it) and strain.
- Cool: Cool potato for about 20 minutes.
- Mash: Mash chickpeas (use a hand mixer or fork) slightly in a medium bowl (leave some whole). Do this while potato boils.
- Mix: Add cool diced sweet potato to the bowl of chickpeas. Mix remaining ingredients well but do not stir (otherwise, it will be mushy).
- Refrigerate: Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Remove: Remove from refrigerator and wrap in tortilla wrap or on a lettuce bed or eat it by itself .
*Taste and adjust seasoning to liking. I use dry beans and soak them overnight to boil the next day.
*Use the salad in a wrap/flatbread/pita/atop of green salad/crackers. Have fun! Enjoy God's goodness.